Friday 8 June 2012

The Final Chapter:
I seemed to have left you all hanging......Did we finish the presentation in time?  Did I make it to London in time for my next flight?  Well it's about time I answered these questions......

We did finish the presentation in time and the final run went off without a hitch.  We got to meet back up with the rest of the team on Friday and each sub-group debriefed the local IBM team and handed off any outstanding items.  We presented Sydney, Toto and Jurie with a final thank you including a team pic for all they did for us.


We all headed to Nelson Mandela Square for supper and then it was off to the airport hotel for our final night in South Africa.



The next day some headed out on early flights home, some to spend a few weeks holiday touring more of what South Africa had to offer, which left a handful of us with a final day to see the sights.  We ended up heading to the Cradle of Mankind.  It was a really cool place to visit.  In case you haven't heard of it, it where Lucy was discovered further solidifying Darwin's theory of evolution.  We had a guided tour of the center, which was a cross between a museum/science center/park. 








It was a great way to end our trip.  But of course for me, this trip would not be complete without a final flight delay out of Joburg, resulting in me almost missing my connecting flight to Scotland!  But never fear,  I did find Jason at the gate and made it just in time!

We had a wonderful week in the UK, but that story my friends is for another time.......

Thank you for sharing in this experience with me and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!  If you have the opportunity to go to South Africa, TAKE IT!  You will be amazed!


No comments:

Post a Comment